The IAB Award for Bioethics Service in the Face of Challenges recognizes and honors individuals who have made exemplary contributions to international bioethics, beyond scholarship, despite many challenges and obstacles, or under unfavorable circumstances.
The award is meant to recognize individuals who have championed local, national, and/or international efforts, sustained over a period of time, that advance bioethics or put bioethics into action, mobilizing knowledge into impact.
Possible nominees include, for example, those who have significantly:
- raised awareness regarding bioethical issues
- implemented bioethics guidance
- developed policies that advance ethics in health
- promoted the interests of marginalized or vulnerable populations or individuals
- built capacity for bioethics in regions with particular needs
- contributed to ethical reflection and responsible conduct
- enhanced equitable provision of healthcare services, at a clinical or a public health level
2022: Wendy Rogers
2021: Amar Jesani
2020: Soledad Deza