Signed in as:
Signed in as:
The call for the nominees for the 2023 IAB Award for Bioethics Service in the Face of Challenges is currently open. For more information and to submit a nomination, please complete this form by June 15th, 2023.
The IAB Award for Bioethics Service in the Face of Challenges recognizes and honors individuals who have made exemplary contributions to international bioethics, beyond scholarship, despite many challenges and obstacles, or under unfavorable circumstances.
The award is meant to recognize individuals who have championed local, national, and/or international efforts, sustained over a period of time, that advance bioethics or put bioethics into action, mobilizing knowledge into impact.
Possible nominees include, for example, those who have significantly:
- raised awareness regarding bioethical issues
- implemented bioethics guidance
- developed policies that advance ethics in health
- promoted the interests of marginalized or vulnerable populations or individuals
- built capacity for bioethics in regions with particular needs
- contributed to ethical reflection and responsible conduct
- enhanced equitable provision of healthcare services, at a clinical or a public health level
2022: Wendy Rogers
2021: Amar Jesani
2020: Soledad Deza
Based upon the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Japan Association for Bioethics (JAB) and International Association of Bioethics (IAB), the JAB-IAB Fellowship Fund, which is paid in full by JAB, invites one of IAB’s members to attend the annual JAB conference for the purpose of enhancing international exchange and collaboration between IAB and JAB members.
This year, Dr. J.Y. Lee was selected for 2023 JAB-IAB fellowship.
The 35th annual JAB conference held at Meiji Gakuin University (Tokyo), 9-10 Dec. 2023.